Sweepstakes Official Rules
The Anytime Fitness #BurnTheTurkey Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins November 12, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. CST and ends November 30, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. CST (“Sweepstakes Period”). The potential winners will be drawn November 30, 2015. Winners will be contacted within 10 days of drawing through the social media platform and profile with which they entered, or email address if the entrant submitted entry via Facebook entry form. Potential winners will also have their first name and city of residence announced on Anytime Fitness social profiles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. Sweepstakes void in Florida, New York, Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, Quebec, and where prohibited or restricted by applicable law.
Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, nor are they associated with the Sweepstakes or promotion in any way. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to the “Sponsor” (Anytime Fitness, LLC) or “Administrator” (FleishmanHillard) at the addresses below.
Participants acknowledge that Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are not responsible or liable for actions pertaining to the Sweepstakes and participant information will be given to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to those who are 18 years of age and older at time of entry, current legal residents of the United States (including D.C.) and Canada; who complete all of the entry requirements as detailed herein (Section 2. HOW TO ENTER). Employees or agents of Sponsor and Administrator, and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, representatives, divisions, suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies; and their immediate families and those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or to win the Sweepstakes. For purposes of these rules, “immediate families” means spouse, parents or legal guardians, siblings, children, step-parents, step siblings, stepchildren, and the spouses of each of the foregoing. Only one prize will be awarded per household each year.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To participate in the Sweepstakes, entrants must fulfill all of these two requirements: No. 1 - have an account on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, or create one free of charge (terms and conditions of Facebook, Twitter or Instagram apply); No. 2 – Enter via one (1) of the following methods: a) Fill out an entry form and upload an original photo or video during the Sweepstakes Period at http://bit.ly/1MMbD2s b) On Instagram, your “Photos Are Private” option in your Instagram account settings must be set to “OFF”; upload an original photo or video, and tag it with the hashtag #BurnTheTurkey. c) On Twitter, tweet an original photo or video, and tag it with the hashtag #BurnTheTurkey; Entrants will only be allowed one (1) eligible entry per person per Sweepstakes Period. Entries by any means which subvert the entry process will be void. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged, illegible, incomplete entries, or for technical issues experienced by the entrant. Incomplete or illegible entries will not be acknowledged and will not be included in the Sweepstakes drawing. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by authorized holder of the email account listed on entry form. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged except as provided herein.
3. RANDOM DRAWING/ODDS OF WINNING: On or about the afternoon of November 30, 2015, a random drawing for three prize winners will be conducted in compliance with these Official Rules by a representative from the office of Administrator. The drawing will be conducted from all eligible entries received in accordance with these Official Rules. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified by email within ten (10) days of the drawing the social media platform and profile with which they entered or email address if entrant submitted entry via Facebook entry form. In the event potential winner is at least eighteen (18) years of age, but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein.
4. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV): [Three] winners will receive a one-year Anytime Fitness gym membership (ARV of prize: $500). No cash redemptions or prize substitutions will be allowed; provided, however, if there is no Anytime Fitness® gym location within 15 miles of winner’s home address, a cash prize equal to $500 may be substituted at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. CLAIMING PRIZES/RELEASES: Potential winner must comply with these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements herein, including signing an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and publicity. If prize notification is returned as undeliverable or refused, Administrator is unable to contact the potential winner within a reasonable time period, or potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate winner will be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries received. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use are the sole responsibility of winner. This includes claiming the gift on your taxes to comply with federal gift tax law. Prize is awarded “as is” with no guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS/DISCLAIMER: If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if any part of the Sweepstakes or any process associated therewith becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper operation of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries per these rules, or if infection by virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/ or to cancel, terminate, modify, suspend or postpone this Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In the event that the Sweepstakes is cancelled or terminated prior to the stated end date, Sponsor reserves the right to have the Administrator select the prize winner for the Sweepstakes in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation/termination. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, technical, hardware, software, or program failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Proof of entering information on Sponsor’s website is not considered proof of delivery or receipt by Sponsor. False and/or deceptive entries or acts of any kind shall render entrants ineligible to receive a prize. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, advertising, or administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prize/prize winner. By entering or participating in this Sweepstakes, participants: (a) agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; (b) agree that Anytime Fitness, LLC, FleishmanHillard, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, representatives, divisions, suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies; and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for printing, typographical, human, distribution, production, omission, electronic or other errors of any kind that may occur in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, lost, late, damaged, misdirected, garbled, illegible, or incomplete entries (all such entries will be disqualified); incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries; entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications; other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors; human error; technical malfunctions or defects of computer systems or telephone networks utilized in the Sweepstakes; theft, tampering, destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; data processing that is processed late or incorrectly, the announcement of the prize or in any other Sweepstakes-related materials or the receipt and/or use of any prize; (c) agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all injuries, claims, damages, or losses of any kind that arise from or are sustained directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, in connection with acceptance or use/misuse of prize or from participation in the Sweepstakes; (d) by accepting the prize, winner agrees that the Sponsor and its designees may use winner’s name, picture/portrait, likeness, and/or voice for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes, worldwide in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without notification, permission, or additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Released Parties are not responsible for any condition that might cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted, including an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities or any other causes. The Sponsor may prohibit you from participating in the Sweepstakes and void all associated entries, at its sole discretion, if you repeatedly show a disregard for the Sweepstake’s Official Rules or act: (a) in a manner they determine to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten, or harass any other entrant or the Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsor is not responsible for prize utility or quality.
7. GOVERNING LAW: Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Minnesota, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that any and all disputes and causes of action against Sponsor arising out of or in connection with this sweepstakes shall be resolved individually (without resort to any form of class action). Such dispute shall be resolved by mediation and binding arbitration. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including attorneys’ fees, and Participants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. WINNER’S NAME/RULES REQUESTS: You may obtain the winner’s name or official rules by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by November 30, 2015, to Anytime Fitness #BurnTheTurkey Sweepstakes Winner Name Request, c/o FleishmanHillard, 150 S. 5th St., Minneapolis, MN 55401.